We Have Spent Over N1bn In COVID-19 Fight — Obaseki

Posted by E.L.E.X on April 20 2020 under News









Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki holds a love briefing on COVID-19 by the State Response Team in Benin on April 19, 2020.

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State says the state government has spent over N1billion to curtail the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.

Speaking in Benin during a live briefing on the virus by the State Response Team on Sunday, Governor Obaseki reiterated his administration’s commitment in ending the scourge of the virus in the state.

“The government of Edo State is leading this battle from the front. We have already spent over N1billion of our limited resources so far on this fight.

“We have constituted the Edo State Fund-Raising Committee which is made up of our sons and daughters who are captains of industries, religious leaders, traditional rulers to help us galvanise efforts at mobilizing resources to beef up the state government’s response to this pandemic,” he said.

According to him, the decision of the state government to review the partial lockdown imposed on residents was borne after reviewing the COVID-19 tests carried out on suspects.

 




YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

TOO BAD!! Boko Haram Executes Five Humanitarian Activists

Related Posts Pictures

Anambra State Residents Resorts To Immune Boosters In Fight Against Coronavirus

Related Posts Pictures

Abba Kyari: We Couldn’t Invite Soldiers To Flog Crowd At Burial – Presidency

Related Posts Pictures

Olympics and FC Barcelona Twitter accounts hacked

Related Posts Pictures

‘It Started As A Joke’ – Says Man Who Impregnated 2 Of His Married Neighbours.

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949