Obinwanne Okeke “InvictusObi” Pleads Guilty To 4.2 Billion Naira Fraud

Posted by E.L.E.X on June 19 2020 under News









Obinwanne Okeke, the Nigerian businessman owner of Invictus Group who was arrested in the United States last year, has pleaded guilty to $11 million (N4.2 billion) fraud.

Mr Okeke, 32, admitted to American prosecutors that he was involved in computer-based fraud between 2015 and 2019.

Joshua Stueve, a spokesperson for the United States District Court for Eastern District of Virginia, told PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday evening that Mr Okeke could spend 20 years maximum penalty in an American jail.

He would be sentenced on October 22, Mr Stueve said.

“A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. sentencing guidelines and other statutory factors,” the court official said.

Robert Krask, an American judge of the district, certified the guilty plea on Thursday morning to clear the paths for Mr Okeke’s sentencing.

Mr Okeke and other alleged conspirators said to still be at large were accused of targeting American businesses in a probe led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Unatrac, a subsidiary of heavy equipment giant Caterpillar, was amongst the companies said to have been targeted by the cartel in a business email compromise scheme for several years.

Over $11 million was said to have been traced to the ring, amidst claims that Mr Okeke allegedly used proceeds of his illicit dealings to build a business empire in Abuja and other parts of Nigeria.




YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

END SARS: The Major Requirements/Qualifications To Become A SARS Police Officer In Nigeria! (SEE NO. 7)

Related Posts Pictures

Doctors Threaten Strike, Issue Makinde 14-day Ultimatum

Related Posts Pictures

2023: What Tinubu Will Do If North Refuses South West Presidency

Related Posts Pictures

Tomorrow the same people will say we should pray against anyone blocking our progress - Uti Nwachukwu slams Pastor Adeboye

Related Posts Pictures

How Atiku , Buhari , Sowore , Durotoye Reacted To The Postponement Of 2019 Presidential Elections

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949