Just Like Ganduje, Fayemi Moves To Dethrone 16 Kings In Ekiti (Read What Happened)

Posted by E.L.E.X on March 12 2020 under News









Coming after the successful dethronement of Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi aka SLS by the Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje, Dr Kayode Fayemi, the executive governor of Ekiti state has set machinery in motion for the removal of the 16 “Pelupelu” (Paramount) traditional rulers in the State.

According to reports making the round online, a query was issued to the Obas today, giving them 72 hours to explain why they should not be removed for shunning government functions since August 2019.

Governor Fayemi had earlier been sued by the 16 most prominent traditional rulers in Ekiti State, the Pelupelu Obas, challenging his appointment of the Alawe of Ilawe Ekiti, Oba Adebanji Alabi, as chairman of the State Traditional Council.

According to Reporters, The 16 most prominent monarchs, popularly referred to as the Pelupelu Obas described the appointment of Alawe of Ilawe, outside the 16 Obas called Alademerindinlogin to occupy the exalted seat of the Chairman of the traditional council, as a clear violation of the Ekiti State Chieftaincy Law.

The monarchs, in the suit with registration number HAD/76/2019, filed before an Ado Ekiti High Court, are seeking nullification of the appointment, saying the governor’s action of picking someone outside the 16 obas as chairman was “a violation of the Ekiti State Chieftaincy Law.”

In an originating summon filed by Dr. B.A.M. Ajibade (SAN) on August 7, 2019 and deposed to by Ajero of Ijero, Oba Joseph Adewole, on behalf of other 15 obas, the monarchs are seeking an interlocutory injunction restraining Fayemi from swearing-in Alawe as the chairman of the council.

Respondents in the suit are: Governor Fayemi (1st), the Attorney General of Ekiti State, Wale Fapohunda (2nd) and Oba Alabi (3rd).

The source said Fayemi had already stopped payments due to them from the local governments.

The affected Obas are said to be in an emergency meeting at the palace of Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe as at press time.





YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

SHOCKING!! See WAEC Exam Sitting Arrangement Due To The Coronavirus Pandemic (Many Students Will Fail Badly)

Related Posts Pictures

UN says it is deeply disturbed by video of couple having sex in its official vehicle (video)

Related Posts Pictures

BREAKING: APC Removes Oshiomhole, Appoints Abiola Ajimobi As Acting National Chairman

Related Posts Pictures

BREAKING NEWS!! New Drug That Can Be Used To Treat Coronavirus Discovered

Related Posts Pictures

BREAKING: Health Minister Confirms Second Case Of Coronavirus In Nigeria

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949