Internet Fraud: Court remands Mompha’s accomplices, Kayode Phillip and Hamza Koudeih in prison custody

Posted by E.L.E.X on November 29 2019 under News









The Lagos zonal office of EFCC on Thursday, November 28 arraigned duo of Kayode Phillip and Hamza Koudeih before Justice Muslim S. Hassan of the Federal High Court, sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos on a 25-count charge bordering on conspiracy and money laundering.

 

The defendants, who are high-valued targets in Organized Cyber Syndicate Network, OCSN, were arrested for their alleged involvement in various cyber crimes and money laundering.

 

Internet Fraud: Court remands Mompha?s accomplices, Kayode Phillip and Hamza Koudeih in prison custody

 

One of the count reads: “That you, Kayode Phillip (a.k.a Voice of the King) and Hamza Koudeih (a.k.a. HK) sometime in May, 2019 within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court conspired among yourselves to commit an offence to wit: conversion of the aggregate sum of $7, 069, 000 (Seven Million, Sixty-Nine Thousand United States Dollars), £1, 000, 000 (One Million Pounds) and €80,000 (Eighty Thousand Euro), which sum you reasonably ought to have known form part of the proceeds of fraud and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Sections 18 (a), 15 (2)(d) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2015 and punishable under Section 15(3) of the same Act.

 

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge preferred against them by the Commission.

 

In view of their pleas, the prosecution counsel, Abass Mohammed, prayed the court for a trial date and asked that the defendants be remanded in Correctional Service custody as the detention facilities of the EFCC custody had been over-stretched.

 

Counsel to the first defendant, Oladele Falana, however, informed the court that he had filed a bail application on behalf of his client and served same on the prosecution today.

He, therefore, craved the indulgence of the court for the earliest date possible to hear the application.

 

Counsel to the second defendant, Abdullahi Mohammed, told the court that an application for bail had been filed and served on the prosecution.

 

Mohammed further urged the court to hear the application and grant the prayers therein, adding that “My client has hinted that he prefers to go to the prison custody and that he will not be opposing the applications of the prosecution.”

 

Though the prosecution counsel, Mohammed, told the court that he had yet to receive a copy of the second defendant’s application for bail, he conceded to the defendant being remanded in prison custody.

 

Consequently, Justice Hassan adjourned the matter to December 5, 2019 for bail hearing and ordered that the defendants be remanded in the Nigerian Correctional Service custody.




YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

See this 91-year-old police officer who has no plans to retire anytime soon and has said he will only consider retirement when the good Lord says so (Photos)

Related Posts Pictures

Defence Intelligence Agency has put a bounty on my head that I must be arrested or murdered - Omoyele Sowore alleges

Related Posts Pictures

Government official caught performing sexual acts with his secretary after accidentally joining Zoom meeting with his colleagues in the Philippines (+18 Video)

Related Posts Pictures

Unpaid Salaries: Ekiti Labour Gives 14-Day Strike Notice To Fayemi

Related Posts Pictures

SUPER IMPRESSIVE!!! Aliko Dangote Donates 600 Beds Coronavirus Isolation Center To The Government Of Kano

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949