Good News! COVID-19 Cases Continue To Drop In Lagos – Report

Posted by E.L.E.X on April 28 2020 under News









Confirmed cases of COVID-19 are dropping gradually in Lagos State compared to what was recorded last week.

Nigerians had earlier raised the alarm over the rising profile of COVID-19 cases in the country, particularly in Lagos.

Between April 19 – 24, 2020; Lagos state had recorded 361 cases of coronavirus, a figure, which caused fears among the people.

Breakdown of the number of confirmed cases include: 70 cases confirmed on April 19; 59 on April 21; 74 on April 22; 78 on April 23 and 80 on April 24, 2020.

The number, however, began to reduce gradually from April 25, 2020 when the figure dropped to 33 cases.

It went a little higher on April 26 with 43 cases while it further dropped to 34 on Monday, April 27, 2020.

According to COVID-19 Update of April 27, 2020, 34 new cases of COVID-19 infection were confirmed, raising the total confirmed cases to 780 but 605 of this number are active as 138 patients have been successfully managed and discharged.

Also one confirmed case was transferred to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), bringing to 16, the total number of transferred cases while 19 deaths have so far been recorded in the State.

President Muhammadu Buhari had eased the lockdown in the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Ogun States, effective from Monday, May 4.

The lockdown was imposed on March 29 as part of measures to halt the spread of COVID-19 in the country.

Buhari in a national broadcast on Monday, announced that he had approved gradual easing of the lockdown measures.

He said:

“I have approved a phased and gradual easing of lockdown measures in FCT, Lagos and Ogun States effective from Monday, 4th May, 2020.

“However, this will be followed strictly with aggressive reinforcement of testing and contact tracing measures while allowing the restoration of some economic and business activities in certain sectors.”




YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

Coronavirus: El-rufai Govt Confirms 20 Fresh Cases In Kaduna, Names Locations

Related Posts Pictures

Turkish officials ignite outrage after wrapping African man in nylon for deportation (video)

Related Posts Pictures

IPOB members who attacked Ike Ekweremadu will be prosecuted under German law- Embassy says

Related Posts Pictures

Femi Fani Kayode Threatens To Move Motion For Yoruba Independence From Nigeria

Related Posts Pictures

SHOCKING!!! See Why I KIlled 49 Muslims In New Zealand – Man Reveals

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949