BREAKING: WHO Suspends Trial Of Hydroxychloroquine As COVID-19 Treatment Over Safety Concerns

Posted by E.L.E.X on May 26 2020 under News









The World Health Organisation has suspended testing malaria drug, Hydroxychloroquine, in COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns.

WHO Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in a virtual press conference on Monday, said the decision came after the publication last week of a study indicating that using the drug on COVID-19 patients could increase their likelihood of dying.

Hydroxycholoroquine has been touted by United States President, Donald Trump, and others as a possible treatment for the disease.

Trump had said he was taking the drug to help prevent infection.

“The executive group has implemented a temporary pause of the Hydroxychloroquine arm within the solidarity trial while the safety data is reviewed by the data safety monitoring board,” Ghebreyesus said.




YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Pictures

Tell Mr President The Truth – Davido Begs Governors

Related Posts Pictures

OLUWA WETN DEY HAPPEN?? Thunderstorm Kills Seven Cows In Osun

Related Posts Pictures

‘Who Go Arrest Me?’, Man Publicly Brags About Raping 12-Year-Old Girl (Watch Video)

Related Posts Pictures

The whole of Buharis media team needs to be replaced over his Covik One Nine gaffe - Uche Jombo

Related Posts Pictures

Photos from the violent clash between the Hausa and Yoruba community in Oke Odo market, Lagos State

Comments


Add Comment

All fields are required!








Contact Us Picture

Are you interested in Advert placement | Promoting your Music or Video | Other Enquiries? We are always available to get that done for you without breaking a sweat. Send us a mail @ elextechnologies4@gmail.com | Call us @ 08132021949 | Message us via whatsapp @ 08132021949